Tuesday 10 June 2014

Telemaster 40

It was 1986 and a buddy had found the skeleton of a Telemaster in somebody's garbage.  I bought it from him for $20.  My dad finished it and it became my first tail dragger.  It was covered yellow, like this one.

It flew for probably 5 years or so before it was modified into a twin trainer ( on floats ), with OS 25s in the wings.  Finally, it was retired and scrapped.  It didn't owe us anything!  All these years later, I've decided to build another one.  I obtained a Merco 35, new in the box and an 11x6 Tornado propeller, as per the plans.  I ordered the wood direct from Sig and will scratch build it from a copy of the original plans.

I haven't decided on a colour scheme yet, although I'm leaning towards a "flag" theme.  Maybe Union Jack on the bottom and German on the top ( Red, Gold, Black ), since the Merco is an English engine and the airplane was of German design.  I'll have some left over covering from the Freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment